Ok. I’m going to bare my mind and be blunt on this one without apologies and reservations. People say its a controversial topic but I don’t believe so. Its a discussion that we ought not to even have in the first place as sane human beings.
while others are against and I fall in the class of the former. I totally support the Anti-Gay law in Nigeria and I’m not mincing words about it as some people are doing unfortunately. Here are my reasons (supported by some interesting comments I came across on twitter):
1. Same-sex marriages contradict God’s original pattern. The bible is clear on the sexes of married couples. In the garden of Eden, God brought Eve to Adam and Adam said ” this is the flesh of my flesh and the bone of my bone”. Its a clear stamp of approval for a MAN to be married to a WOMAN. As they say, “it was Adam and Eve in the garden not Adam and Steve” (no offence to anyone bearing Steve). I’m just buttressing a point.
The scripture says that “He that findeth a WIFE findeth a good thing, (not a he that findeth a MAN)” Prov 18:22.
“Therefore shall a MAN leave his father and mother and shall cleave unto his *WIFE and they shall be one flesh” Gen 2:24. *Pls note that a Wife is a Female (and I’m not sure modernization has changed it. Neither can surgery)
3. Gay and lesbianism contradict even natural biology and sciences. Its a MALE sperm that fertilizes a FEMALE egg. (In case we have forgotten simple elementary biology)
4. Some people have said that the Anti-Gay law is hypocritical as there are other urgent issues pending to be addressed but I ask, what could be more urgent than the very threat to human existence?.
5. The Anti-Gay law is not an abuse or an infringement of human rights because I don’t believe that the practice of a man sleeping with a man or a woman laying with a fellow woman is “human” in the first place. I also believe that most people who claim to be Gay rights activists are just doing it for the attention.
6. Even animals know better. Despite the fact that animals are far lesser knowledgeable beings, they have the right sexual orientation. I watch animal documentaries and I’ve never seen a goat mating with a fellow goat. It always mates with a she-goat. Its just that they care less where they do it and who is watching. (Come to think of it, humans are doing that now sef)
7. If this Gay and Lesbian culture were practiced long ago and their rights were protected, I doubt if people would even exist today, talk more of protecting their rights and if the gay culture continues, would they even exist in the nearest future for their “rights” to be protected?.
8. The anus is for excretion. It was never intended to be a sex organ. The only way a man can have “sex” with a fellow man (if we can even call that sex) is through the anus but that in itself is a negation and an abuse of the original purpose of the anus. (Not to mention the fact that I just don’t understand how that works!)
9. Same-sex marriage ain’t marriage. It can’t be called marriage if its same-sex. If two men or two women want to live together, that’s fine but that doesn’t transcend into marriage. Let’s just call it “good companionship”
10. It can get worse!. Today, its a man getting married to a man. Tomorrow, it’ll be a man getting married to a cockroach, a lizard, a monkey or a hippopotamus …..(really trying hard to imagine that but this picture is what keep coming to my head……..lol) We are already at the edge so what will stop us from going over it?. If course Its no longer news that human beings have sex with animals…….. but judging by the way things are going with this gay frenzy, I foresee an era when humans and animals will be lawfully wedded.
I’ll close with a story in the Bible where perhaps we had the first hint of homosexuality.
“They called to Lot, “Where are the MEN who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.” Gen 19:5 (NIV)
And what was God’s response?……
“Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;” Gen 19:24 (KJV)
Someone remarked that the Nigerian police should not be more interested in arresting gay people at the expense of fighting crime but come to think of it, under the new law, arresting gay people is in itself a fight against crime. However, I wouldn’t support any form of jungle justice meted out to suspected transgressors of the Anti-Gay law
Hey, as blunt as I sound, I have absolutely nothing against Gay people. Its the practice that I don’t agree with. Sometimes I admire the courage and boldness with which some gay people have chosen to be public about their life but I just wish that they can also boldly accept that they have an abnormal life style and seek counseling, prayers and rehabilitation.
I came across this BBM broadcast on this issue and I think its apt to share it here…..
“You asked us to wear coat under hot sun we did! You said we should speak ur language,we obediently dump ours! You asked us to tie a rope round our neck like goat,we obeyed! You said our ladies should wear dead people’s hair instead of natural ones God gave them,they obeyed. You said our decent gals should wear catapult instead of the conventional pants,they obeyed! Now u want our men to sleep with fellow men And women to sleep with fellow women so that God we visit us like sodom and Gomorrah! Oyinbo we say tufiakwa, if u like keep ur aids (assistance) As Nigeria we say NO to GAY relationships and GAY marriage.
Thanks once again for stopping by.
Up next on JM Blog, “Comedy goes to church….again!” and then I’ll hint you guys on a very important assignment I have in Abia state on Feb 1st, 2014.
Remember, “Everyman will have his day”
Johnson Madichie is an Inspirational blogger who lives in Lagos, Nigeria and affects the world from there.