It’s finally here! 2017. I’ll start by saying a big congratulations to us all for making it through 2016. Yes we made it……….made it through the increase in pump price of fuel which we have all gotten used to by now……….made it through the ridiculous dollar exchange rate………….made it through MMM.. (lol). A big congrats to you for making it through your personal struggles which no one knows. Just like Travis Greene sang, indeed I believe God made a way for us all.
Welcome to 2017. I just have a special feeling about this year. Probably has something to do with the number 7. Number of perfection and completion. God made the world in 7 days. Believe me this year is going to be lit with miracles. Yep, miracles. Speaking of which, that’s the word for the year at my church David’s Christian Centre. In 2017 I am a Living Miracle
You are included too. Here’s what I think 2017 will look like: it will be a year to finally get off laziness and work towards the fufilment of your dreams.It doesn’t matter what your dreams are, they can be actualized but it depends on how hungry and thirsty you are. Here’s one major tip : delete procrastination!
Don’t do it tomorrow if it can be done today. Don’t do it later if it can be done now. Stop waiting for the perfect time. It will never come. One of my major goals years back was to attain a Masters degree from the University of Lagos. I tried a couple of times but it somehow didn’t work out. Other times I simply postponed it. All this while, my friends who had the same ambition had enrolled and completed their Masters programme. Well, in 2015 I finally decided that enough was enough. I drove to Unilag, bought the Post Graduate degree from, wrote the entrance exam…….
…….passed the exam (phew), started the programme ( which was another challenge altogether) and finally completed the programme late 2016. You are all hereby invited to celebrate with me on the occasion of my convocation in Unilag this January 2017.
In 2017 you must take the bull by the horn. Aggressively pursue your dreams. Don’t limit yourself. Like Nike said……
That’s the key word for this year guys. Just do it. Quit complaining. Quit complacency. Quit wishing. Quit thinking. Just do it. Don’t even wait to feel like doing it. Don’t rely on your emotions. They are very fickle. Rather rely on your determination. Be determined ( in Kanu Nwankwo’s voice).
I’ll stop here for now. But as you progress into the new year and make your plans, remember to make God your guide. That’s the only way they’ll succeed.
Everyman will have his day.
Ever wondered why you hardly make it through a fast? Well, Popular Gospel artiste Nathaniel Bassey shared some Interesting and helpful tips for making it through a fast.
The points seem funny but you gotta admit………He made sense. Enjoy…..
1. Avoid frequent trips to your refrigerator. The more you look at those biscuits, cakes, and chocolates, the more they appear unusually beautiful and attractive to you. If you continue, you may suddenly realize those things have voices. And they will call you.
2. Don’t hang around the kitchen when something is being cooked. Most times, your favorite dishes are always prepared when you have decided to fast. And for the strangest reasons, your nose would begin perceiving them strongly in a whole new light. At this point you may even perceive how an ordinary boiling water smells like fried chicken. Just run.
3. Don’t sit staring at someone eating. You naturally gravitate towards something you behold. The glory of food has a way of shinning brighter the moment you decide to fast. Just walk away.
4. This is not the time to hold business meetings at your favorite food joints. Especially those bukas where they openly display the assorted meats and food. When you keep seeing people carry their plates of food to eat, you may suddenly buy that argument that God is a God of grace, and would understand that “body no be fire wood”, and if you broke the fast there and then, that his grace is sufficient for you. Men and brethren, Just run!
5. When it’s time to break the fast, please don’t begin with pounded yam. Abeg ! You may suddenly need God as your Jehovah rapha. Begin with some liquid or fruits. If possible forsake the swallow family till after the fast. If you can.
6. Because you are not eating, your mouth is not busy and that sometimes cause it to release some perfumes. Therefore, some mouth spray and menthol can help. This is not the time to whisper a word of prophecy to someone in their face if your breathe isn’t fresh. They may just fall. And it won’t be the anointing.
7. And if you are doing the liquid only fast, please be informed that custard and Quaker Oats don’t fall into this category.
8. Finally, pray. Fasting without prayer amounts to a personal weight loss program.
God bless you saints. Hope this put a smile on you faces. May you experience God in a new way as you seek him is Season.
Thanks Mr. Bassey. I’m sure “most of us” have been delivered. 😆😅😆
Photo credits @dccisland
Every man will have his day!
In my early in Lagos, I usually frequented Lagos island aka èkò for anything I needed. Ahhh….. Lagos island.The place was just a life saver. Marina was a popular route and still is.
Only problem I had then was the menace of beggars and I’m not talking of the little kid beggars. I’m referring to the able – bodied rascal men who will snoop from behind you the moment they spot you with a bag or some form of purchase. The next thing you hear is their coarse voice ” egbon ejoor find me something”. How many of y’all feel me? At first, your first instinct and reaction will be to hold your bag tight and walk fast but they quickly catch up with you and others join. You begin to wonder ” is there gold on my forehead? No be this small bag i carry”. Those guys used to annoy me. I recently spotted some of those gum-body beggars harrasing some pretty aso-ebi wearing women along marina and i just had a good laugh………
At this point, I will do either of two things. Either I slap somebody………or I slap somebody.
First, one shows up behind you. Then you walk fast, then he walks fast too. Then another joins him, and another and another. It might not be so bad during the day but picture this scenario at night. E no go funny.
Let’s share our experiences guys. How did you handle them when they came at you? and how can the government arrest this trend biko?…..
Everyman will have his day.
No they are not mad men. Infact they are fully sane. I was on my way home couple of days back when i sighted these three wisemen. I really don’t know why our mechanics have to look this way. ……….
We really can do better than this. One day, we just might arrive here…..
If na so e be, to become mechanic go dey hungry person. Lollll
Everymanwill have his day.
Well, this picture has gone viral no doubt but something struck me when I looked at the picture again recently. Notice it?………….He’s actually hiding his arms.Yeah. Thats no picture pose .The plastic surgery may have done some wonders for his face and breast but like I said, His arms are still very masculine
Also , i’d really love to see a picture of his genitals as evidence that he’s now a woman. This is a good reason to be a doubting Thomas.
Truth is, he can only pretend to be a woman but cannot and will never be one . Not just him but all those who have followed this path of confusion. That wasnt God’s plan.
What they need is prayer not plastic surgery.
May God help us.
Award winning rapper Jude Abaga popularly known as MI recently tweeted that his life is under threat from a whatsapp contact….
But when MI chatted further with the fellow and threatened him with the police to show he wasn’t taking chances, the guy quickly “chickened” out claiming it was a joke…..
I really don’t get why people pull these kind of stunts. How do you threaten someone’s life as a joke? Apparently it wasn’t funny. MI went as far as posting the fellows picture but I’ll be nice enough to leave it out.
Here’s what twitter followers had to say about it…..
Everyman will have his day.